Since Liz and I are dead sick of waking up to rain, we decided last night was our second motel night and we hit the jackpot. We trucked right across the San Joaquin Valley because it's some of the ugliest landscape on earth. We drove out to the foothills to the little town of Sonora. It's an old west town half frozen in time. We stayed the night at the historic Gunn House Hotel, built in 1850. Sitting out on it's upper porch and looking across the street at the old west style buildings, I keep telling Liz I need that six-shooter I've wanted to complete the scene. She disagrees.
Now we are off towards Yosemite to see what all the fuss is about. Most likely we will find the balance of the traffic we sat in yesterday there waiting for us from what I hear.
Above: The Flower Conservatory at the Golden Gate Park. We'll spare you the hundred or so photos of random flowers.
Below: Some fancy San Fransisco houses.
No comments:
Post a Comment