So what are you all doing this fine Monday morning, working? Chumps. We woke up at sunrise to what the hoodoos of Bryce Canyon light up and just as soon as I'm done with this post, we are on are way east to Capitol Reef National Park and then on to Moab.
 |
| Bryce at Sunrise |
From the outside Bryce Canyon seemed to be a park I was prepared to be underwhelmed by, but I was wrong again. The colors and the forms of the hoodoos (the spires) are really something I have never seen before or even imagined being possible. Photos really don't do the place justice and honestly neither does just looking over them. You really have to walk down into them to appreciate just how amazing they are. We took a nice day hike yesterday that ended through a section called Wall Street that is about 6' wide with sheer vertical walls of colored limestone at least 100' high. Again, amazing.
Before we take off, here are some stat updates:
Parks Visited: 16 (including State Parks and National Monuments)
States Visited: 6
Miles Driven: 3629mi
No comments:
Post a Comment